How to File a Freedom of Information Act Request with the Aurora Township Highway Department
Any person requesting records of the Aurora Township Highway Department may make such a request either in person or in writing at 220 Butterfield Road, North Aurora, IL 60542. FOIA requests may also be submitted via e-mail. Please use the following e-mail address email@example.com. All requests must be in writing and should be addressed to the FOIA Officer at the address above. If you desire that any records be certified, you must indicate that in your request and specify which records must be certified.
The fees for any such records, if the person requesting the records wishes them to be copied, are as follows:
- First 50 pages, black and white, letter or legal size copies, no cost.
- Additional pages, black and white, letter or legal, actual cost to $0.15.
- Electronic records will be formatted subject to reimbursement for costs of recording medium.
- Color copies or copies in a size other than letter or legal shall be reimbursed to actual costs.
- Costs of certifying a record will be $1.00.
Records may be furnished without charge or at a reduced charge, as determined by the Highway Department, if the person requesting the documents states the specific purpose for the request and indicates that a waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest. Waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest if the principal purpose of the request is to access and disseminate information regarding the health, safety and welfare or the legal rights of the general public and is not for the principal purpose of personal or commercial benefit.
For additional FOIA resources and explanations, please visit the FOIA website from the Illinois Attorney General.
Deputy Commissioner Jason Owens
220 Butterfield Road
North Aurora, IL 60542
Office: (630) 892-0246