The Aurora Township Highway Department’s recycling drop off initiative continues to be a huge success. (Thank you, Aurora Township recyclers!)
The residential recycling container is located at the Aurora Township Highway Department’s facility at 220 Butterfield Road in North Aurora. Access to the container is available Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm (non-holiday week days). We continue to research additions to the recycling program and look forward to continue of expanded services in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at (630) 892-0246 if you have any questions.
Basic Recycling Guidelines
What can be recycled?
- Paper (Please, no dirty pizza boxes!)
- Cardboard (boxes should be broken down flat)
- Any material with the recycling codes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7
- Aluminum cans, trays and foil
- Tin, steel or bi-metal items are only acceptable as cans
- Empty aerosol cans
What cannot be recycled?
- Blue colored glass
- Plates, drinking glasses, Pyrex and window glass
- Any items that have held hazardous materials
- Gasoline, turpentine, paint removers – containers or material
- Oil-based paints
- Large appliances
- TVs or computer monitors
- Construction Materials (drywall, shingles, scrap wood, screws, nails, etc)
- Please rinse containers clean before dropping them off.
- Please remove lids and caps from bottles and containers.
- Plastic nozzles should be removed.
- Please break down cardboard boxes.
- Latex paint can be solidified (use kitty litter) in its container and disposed of in your regular trash.
- Containers which held anti-freeze, motor oil or prescription medication are acceptable if appropriately cleaned.
Special Recycling items (Items which require an appointment.)
- Used motor oil
- Small electronics (VCRs, coffee machines, toaster ovens, etc)
If you have questions regarding specific items to recycle, you can contact our office at (630) 892-0246. If you would like more information about alternative electronic recycling locations and events, please visit the Kane County Recycles website for more information.